Aero - Club Bremerhaven e. V.
On the occasion of the big windjammer event “Sail Bremerhaven 05” and in cooperation with the Flugplatzbetriebs GmbH, the Aero Club Bremerhaven had already organized a meeting of “oldtimers” as well as sightseeing flights in the recently opened airfield area. At the event AIR Bremerhaven 2002 there were also attractions at the airport and in the air to marvel at.
“Ring deutscher Flieger” they called themselves, those who were enthusiastic about flying and in 1949/50 joined forces in Bremerhaven to send motored planes up into the air. Later, the allies, who after the war had imposed a ban on flying, finally unbanned motored flights. On January 9th 1957 the “Ring” turned into the “Aero Club Bremerhaven”, which today has 124 members. The Aero Club owns three single-engined planes, one Cessna 172 and two Piper PA 28. The Aero-Club maintains a flight school for the instruction to become a private pilot.
Further information: tel. 04 71/9 71 24 71